Residents of Mount Pleasant and neighboring towns continue reporting that thieves are rifling through cars left unlocked and parked in their home driveways at night. In some cases, the contents of glove compartments were strewn on the seats and floor, with nothing being taken. In other cases, valuable property was stolen.
Also on the police blotter :
* Police responded to a complaint Wednesday about a suspicious vehicle on Eastview Drive, Valhalla, and arrested the driver, Mark V. Ayers, 20, of Yonkers after determining that there was a warrant for him.
* The Pocantico Elementary School Pool, on Bedford Road, Sleepy Hollow, was damaged during the night, police reported May 31.
* Robert Rosenthal, 21, of Cortlandt Manor, and James Shankland, 19, of Pleasantville, were found to be smoking marijuana in a car parked on Hardscrabble Hill Road in Pleasantville, police reported May 31. Each was issued a field appearance ticket for a future court appearance.
* Emilio Solis, 31, of White Plains was arrested on May 29 for driving with a suspended license and possession of marijuana, police said. Solis was originally stopped for speeding on Kensico Rd., in Thornwood. He was processed and released on police bail.
* Michael A. Rojas, 23, of the Bronx, NY, was arrested and charged with petit larceny on May 28 after he tried to take merchandise from store shelves and then return the items for store credit, police said. Rojas was released on police bail.
* A Brook Manor, Pleasantville, resident reported late last week that a diamond ring was missing from her bedroom. The theft apparently occurred when construction work was being done to the interior of the house.
Follow The Daily Mount Pleasant on Facebook .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.