THORNWOOD, N.Y. -- The owner of Wholesale Fuels in Thornwood and several gas stations and convenience stores in other parts of Westchester filed a complaint accusing two state Supreme Court justices of denying him his civil rights, according to the Westchester County Business Journal.
Sammy Eljamal's five-part complaint names Justices Lester B. Adler and Joan B. Lefkowitz and alleges they discriminated against him due to his Muslim and Palestinian heritage, WCBJ reported.
Both Adler and Lefkowitz presided over various stages of a case in which Eljamal was required to pay Brent Coscia nearly $5 million, WCBJ said.
In his complaint, Eljamal said the verdict in the case was beyond what was usual or reasonable, according to WCBJ.
- 1 Mount Pleasant Supervisor To Resign After 23 Years of Service
- 2 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 3 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus
- 4 Westchester Scholars Named National Achievement Semifinalists
- 5 Nine Billionaires With Westchester Ties Make Forbes 400 List