THORNWOOD, N.Y. -- The owner of Wholesale Fuels in Thornwood and several gas stations and convenience stores in other parts of Westchester filed a complaint accusing two state Supreme Court justices of denying him his civil rights, according to the Westchester County Business Journal.
Sammy Eljamal's five-part complaint names Justices Lester B. Adler and Joan B. Lefkowitz and alleges they discriminated against him due to his Muslim and Palestinian heritage, WCBJ reported.
Both Adler and Lefkowitz presided over various stages of a case in which Eljamal was required to pay Brent Coscia nearly $5 million, WCBJ said.
In his complaint, Eljamal said the verdict in the case was beyond what was usual or reasonable, according to WCBJ.
- 1 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 2 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 3 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 4 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Yorktown
- 5 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed