THORNWOOD, N.Y. -- The owner of Wholesale Fuels in Thornwood and several gas stations and convenience stores in other parts of Westchester filed a complaint accusing two state Supreme Court justices of denying him his civil rights, according to the Westchester County Business Journal.
Sammy Eljamal's five-part complaint names Justices Lester B. Adler and Joan B. Lefkowitz and alleges they discriminated against him due to his Muslim and Palestinian heritage, WCBJ reported.
Both Adler and Lefkowitz presided over various stages of a case in which Eljamal was required to pay Brent Coscia nearly $5 million, WCBJ said.
In his complaint, Eljamal said the verdict in the case was beyond what was usual or reasonable, according to WCBJ.
- 1 Westlake High School Valedictorian Encourages 'Acts Of Kindness'
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 5 Valhalla Village Creamery Ties For First In DVlicious Contest