THORNWOOD, N.Y. -- The owner of Wholesale Fuels in Thornwood and several gas stations and convenience stores in other parts of Westchester filed a complaint accusing two state Supreme Court justices of denying him his civil rights, according to the Westchester County Business Journal.
Sammy Eljamal's five-part complaint names Justices Lester B. Adler and Joan B. Lefkowitz and alleges they discriminated against him due to his Muslim and Palestinian heritage, WCBJ reported.
Both Adler and Lefkowitz presided over various stages of a case in which Eljamal was required to pay Brent Coscia nearly $5 million, WCBJ said.
In his complaint, Eljamal said the verdict in the case was beyond what was usual or reasonable, according to WCBJ.
- 1 Westchester Native Mark Zuckerberg Announces He's Will Be A Dad
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Serious Accident Takes Out Two Lanes On Taconic State Parkway
- 4 Advisory Issued For Smoke Odor Caused By Mount Pleasant Mulch Fire
- 5 One-Car Crash Closes Saw Mill Parkway For Hours