THORNWOOD, N.Y. -- The owner of Wholesale Fuels in Thornwood and several gas stations and convenience stores in other parts of Westchester filed a complaint accusing two state Supreme Court justices of denying him his civil rights, according to the Westchester County Business Journal.
Sammy Eljamal's five-part complaint names Justices Lester B. Adler and Joan B. Lefkowitz and alleges they discriminated against him due to his Muslim and Palestinian heritage, WCBJ reported.
Both Adler and Lefkowitz presided over various stages of a case in which Eljamal was required to pay Brent Coscia nearly $5 million, WCBJ said.
In his complaint, Eljamal said the verdict in the case was beyond what was usual or reasonable, according to WCBJ.
- 1 Mount Pleasant Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Mount Pleasant
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Mount Pleasant Tuesday
- 5 White Plains Actress, School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts