MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and & Valhalla this week:
- The SUNY Cobleskill Department of Sport & Exercise recently announced that sophomore Madeline DeMilio from Valhalla is the 2014 Fred Bennett Outstanding Female Athlete Award winner for her accomplishments during the 2013-14 academic year.
- Lenroy Stevens, a 27-year-old Peekskill High School guidance counselor, was killed Tuesday after being struck by a truck on Route 9A in Briarcliff.
- State troopers say they found 300 packets of heroin after a traffic stop on the Sprain Brook Parkway in Mount Pleasant.
- Gary McKeon, the Somers man who first went missing last Friday, was found dead, his daughter announced Thursday evening.
- State Sen. Greg Ball announced Friday that he will not run for re-election.
- The New York State Republican Party nominated Rob Astorino for governor Thursday at the Hilton Westchester in Rye Brook.
- 1 Saw Mill Exit Ramp Reopens After Closure In Mount Pleasant
- 2 Mount Pleasant Voters Defeat $42M In Projects At Westlake Schools
- 3 Driver Hospitalized After Crash On 9A Ramp In Mount Pleasant
- 4 WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi Of Stamford Dies At 49
- 5 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items