MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and Valhalla last week:
- Valhalla’s Virginia Leone is among thirty-five Westchester County residents and Fairfield County residents who have raised more than $125,000 to date to help find a cure for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- A stretch of Route 100 was closed for hours as the result of a downed pole and wires.
- Westchester ranks high among New York's exciting places to live and Port Chester is the lone Westchester representative named among the top 10, according to a report by Movoto.
- Residents of Westchester County and across New York State could see their health insurance premiums spike by an average of 13 percent according to capitalnewyork.com.
- A truck that rolled onto train tracks and caught fire led to a disruption in Metro-North train traffic, an MTA spokeswoman confirmed.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.