MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and Valhalla this week:
- Westchester Community College officials reported that there was one minor injury when a portion of ceiling overhang on the Student Center walkway collapsed.
- New York State Police reportedly kept quiet about drugs and other evidence that was lost out of the Hawthorne barracks in 2011, according to the Albany Times Union.
- Several passing motorists helped rescue a 20-year-old Armonk man who attempted to jump off of the Tappan Zee Bridge, according to a News 12 report.
- A Siena College poll of New York State voters shows Gov. Andrew Cuomo still enjoys a better than two-to-one advantage over Westchester County Executive and GOP gubernatorial candidate Rob Astorino, though the gap has narrowed slightly since the last poll.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mount Pleasant Skies Sunday
- 2 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Mount Pleasant
- 3 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Mount Pleasant Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 5 Mount Pleasant Home Sales Soar 17 Percent In Third Quarter