MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and & Valhalla last week:
- Westchester Community College will have a new president for the first time in more than four decades. Belinda S. Miles, a nationally recognized educator and current administrator at Cuyahoga Community College in Cleveland, has been selected to lead WCC, Daily Voice has learned.
- A 76-year-old woman recently found murdered in her home had filed more than a dozen lawsuits against numerous people and companies including IBM Corporation and the Metro-North Railroad, lohud.com reported.
- Westchester County had seven different school districts in the top 25 rankings of best public school systems, according to Niche, an education website dedicated to providing rankings and systems on school districts throughout the country.
- State police made two drunken driving arrests and issued 14 violations for speeding and unlawful cell phone use as part of a detail with the Westchester County and Greenburgh police departments on Friday.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo defeated Rob Astorino to hold on to the governor's office for the next four years.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.