MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and & Valhalla this week:
- A Westlake High School student, 17-year-old, Sarah Marino, won an Acorda Scientific Excellence Award for her project, "Colony Collapse Disorder: Controlling Varroa Destructor Miles in Honeybee Hives."
- New York State Police charged a Thronwood man with driving while intoxicated in Greenburgh on Sunday, June 1, police officials said.
- State Trooper John Vescio was one of the six injured in the Mobil gas station accident and fire Tuesday and pulled one of the other drivers out of a burning car to safety.
- OpenTable has released its list of 10 Diners’ Choice Winners in Westchester County and the Hudson Valley. Blue Hills at Stone Barn, which serves American cuisine using local Hudson Valley resources, tops the list.
- 1 Westlake High School Valedictorian Encourages 'Acts Of Kindness'
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Valhalla Village Creamery Ties For First In DVlicious Contest
- 4 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 5 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust