MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and & Valhalla this week:
- A Westlake High School student, 17-year-old, Sarah Marino, won an Acorda Scientific Excellence Award for her project, "Colony Collapse Disorder: Controlling Varroa Destructor Miles in Honeybee Hives."
- New York State Police charged a Thronwood man with driving while intoxicated in Greenburgh on Sunday, June 1, police officials said.
- State Trooper John Vescio was one of the six injured in the Mobil gas station accident and fire Tuesday and pulled one of the other drivers out of a burning car to safety.
- OpenTable has released its list of 10 Diners’ Choice Winners in Westchester County and the Hudson Valley. Blue Hills at Stone Barn, which serves American cuisine using local Hudson Valley resources, tops the list.
- 1 Mount Pleasant Voters Defeat $42M In Projects At Westlake Schools
- 2 David Rockefeller Donates $4M For Mount Pleasant State Park Preserve
- 3 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 4 Driver Hospitalized After Crash On 9A Ramp In Mount Pleasant
- 5 Valhalla Man Denied Parole In Wife's Murder