MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and & Valhalla this week:
- A Westlake High School student, 17-year-old, Sarah Marino, won an Acorda Scientific Excellence Award for her project, "Colony Collapse Disorder: Controlling Varroa Destructor Miles in Honeybee Hives."
- New York State Police charged a Thronwood man with driving while intoxicated in Greenburgh on Sunday, June 1, police officials said.
- State Trooper John Vescio was one of the six injured in the Mobil gas station accident and fire Tuesday and pulled one of the other drivers out of a burning car to safety.
- OpenTable has released its list of 10 Diners’ Choice Winners in Westchester County and the Hudson Valley. Blue Hills at Stone Barn, which serves American cuisine using local Hudson Valley resources, tops the list.
- 1 Voters Reject Mount Pleasant’s $55.8M Bond For Schools In Strong Turnout
- 2 Mount Pleasant Secretary Looking For Dog That Went Missing In Yorktown
- 3 IRS Warns Mount Pleasant Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Pedestrian Killed On Saw Mill Parkway Is ID'd
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed In One Of Three Accidents On Saw Mill Parkway