MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- Here's a look at what will be open and what will be closed in Mount Pleasant on Christmas Day, Dec. 25, a federal holiday.
- Mount Pleasant Town Hall will be open until 1 p.m. on Tuesday and will be closed Christmas Day.
- The Pleasantville Village Hall will be closed on Tuesday and Christmas Day.
- All schools in the Mount Pleasant Central School District, Pleasantville Union Free School District and Valhalla Union Free School District will be closed until after the New Year.
- Post offices in Valhalla, Hawthorne, Thornwood and Pleasantville.
- The Mount Pleasant Public Library in Pleasantville as will its branch in Valhalla will be closed.
- Starbucks in Pleasantville
- For residents looking to do some last minute shopping, Try and Buy toy shop
- The ShopRite in Thornwood
- The A&P in Thornwood will be open on Christmas from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Both the Jacob Burns Film Center in Pleasantville and the Saw Mill Multiplex in Hawthorne will be open on Christmas Day for those wishing to see a movie.
- The Police Department headquarters in the respective buildings will remain open both days.
- Check with individual restaurants and other retail outlets for any special holiday hours on Wednesday.
Metro-North Railroad will run a special holiday schedule on Christmas Day. Click here to see train times and fares.