MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and & Valhalla this week:
- A woman was injured and hospitalized after being struck by a car near Holy Rosary Church on Bradhurst Avenue and Route 100, in Hawthorne.
- Snow days have been frequent this winter, and school superintendents say a lot of time and effort goes into determining whether or not to delay or close for the day.
- Local governments that stay within the two-percent cap on the property tax levy and work toward consolidation and shared services will be eligible for a two-year freeze on property taxes, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced in his State of the State address.
- Howard Permut, president of Metro-North Railroad, is retiring this month after a difficult year for the commuter railroad.
- 1 Mount Pleasant Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Mount Pleasant
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Mount Pleasant Tuesday
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Mount Pleasant
- 5 White Plains Actress, School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts