VALHALLA, N.Y. - Clarke DeWaters of Valhalla died July 19. He was 82.
DeWaters was born Aug. 30, 1931, in Staten Island, to Mary Rich and Walker DeWaters. He graduated from Wagner College before serving in the Marine Corps as a pilot. He retired with the rank of lieutenant colonel. He moved into the aviation insurance and reinsurance industries. He later became president of IAGM Corp, retiring on his 60th birthday. He was a member at Richmond County Yacht Club for almost 70 years. As he moved north to Westchester County, he joined the Washington Irving Boat Club where he later served as commodore.
DeWaters is survived by his wife, Marion; children, Jeffrey, Holly Garcia (Bill), Jennifer DeWaters McCray; and grandchildren.
Services will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, July 24 at St. John's Episcopal Church in Pleasantville.
- 1 Voters Reject Mount Pleasant’s $55.8M Bond For Schools In Strong Turnout
- 2 Mount Pleasant Secretary Looking For Dog That Went Missing In Yorktown
- 3 IRS Warns Mount Pleasant Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Pedestrian Killed On Saw Mill Parkway Is ID'd
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed In One Of Three Accidents On Saw Mill Parkway