VALHALLA, N.Y. - Clarke DeWaters of Valhalla died July 19. He was 82.
DeWaters was born Aug. 30, 1931, in Staten Island, to Mary Rich and Walker DeWaters. He graduated from Wagner College before serving in the Marine Corps as a pilot. He retired with the rank of lieutenant colonel. He moved into the aviation insurance and reinsurance industries. He later became president of IAGM Corp, retiring on his 60th birthday. He was a member at Richmond County Yacht Club for almost 70 years. As he moved north to Westchester County, he joined the Washington Irving Boat Club where he later served as commodore.
DeWaters is survived by his wife, Marion; children, Jeffrey, Holly Garcia (Bill), Jennifer DeWaters McCray; and grandchildren.
Services will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, July 24 at St. John's Episcopal Church in Pleasantville.
- 1 Mount Pleasant Voters Defeat $42M In Projects At Westlake Schools
- 2 Driver Hospitalized After Crash On 9A Ramp In Mount Pleasant
- 3 David Rockefeller Donates $4M For Mount Pleasant State Park Preserve
- 4 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 5 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items