HAWTHORNE, N.Y. – Esther Victoria Barcia of Hawthorne died Jan. 15. She was 79.
Born Jan. 17, 1933, in Bronx, N.Y., she was the daughter of Filipo and Maria Capotosta Marandola. She married Gasper J. Barcia in 1951 and moved to Hawthorne in 1962.
She raised a family in Hawthorne and was a longtime member of the Hawthorne Fire Department Ladies Auxiliary.
Barcia is survived by her husband; four children, Thomas Barcia, of Ossining, Marie Marcy, of Hawthorne, Johanna Carminucci, of Brewster, N.Y., and Phyllis Garito, of Briarcliff Manor; 10 grandchildren and a great-grandchild.
She is also survived by four siblings, Lucy Drake and Vickie Garrett, both of Danville, Ill., Benjamin Marandola, of Chula Vista, Calif., and Anthony Marandola, of Brookfield, Conn.
Visitation is from 3 to 6 p.m. Thursday and from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at Hawthorne Funeral Home. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday at Holy Rosary Church in Hawthorne. Entombment will follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Hawthorne.
- 1 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 2 Mount Pleasant's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Scarsdale Man, 34, Charged With DWI On Sprain Brook Parkway
- 4 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 5 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures