HAWTHORNE, N.Y. – Esther Victoria Barcia of Hawthorne died Jan. 15. She was 79.
Born Jan. 17, 1933, in Bronx, N.Y., she was the daughter of Filipo and Maria Capotosta Marandola. She married Gasper J. Barcia in 1951 and moved to Hawthorne in 1962.
She raised a family in Hawthorne and was a longtime member of the Hawthorne Fire Department Ladies Auxiliary.
Barcia is survived by her husband; four children, Thomas Barcia, of Ossining, Marie Marcy, of Hawthorne, Johanna Carminucci, of Brewster, N.Y., and Phyllis Garito, of Briarcliff Manor; 10 grandchildren and a great-grandchild.
She is also survived by four siblings, Lucy Drake and Vickie Garrett, both of Danville, Ill., Benjamin Marandola, of Chula Vista, Calif., and Anthony Marandola, of Brookfield, Conn.
Visitation is from 3 to 6 p.m. Thursday and from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at Hawthorne Funeral Home. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday at Holy Rosary Church in Hawthorne. Entombment will follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Hawthorne.
- 1 Thornwood's License 2 Grill Provides Tips On Grilling The Perfect Burger
- 2 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 3 New York's Largest-Ever Heroin Seizure Nets Yonkers Suspect
- 4 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors
- 5 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak