HAWTHORNE, N.Y. – Esther Victoria Barcia of Hawthorne died Jan. 15. She was 79.
Born Jan. 17, 1933, in Bronx, N.Y., she was the daughter of Filipo and Maria Capotosta Marandola. She married Gasper J. Barcia in 1951 and moved to Hawthorne in 1962.
She raised a family in Hawthorne and was a longtime member of the Hawthorne Fire Department Ladies Auxiliary.
Barcia is survived by her husband; four children, Thomas Barcia, of Ossining, Marie Marcy, of Hawthorne, Johanna Carminucci, of Brewster, N.Y., and Phyllis Garito, of Briarcliff Manor; 10 grandchildren and a great-grandchild.
She is also survived by four siblings, Lucy Drake and Vickie Garrett, both of Danville, Ill., Benjamin Marandola, of Chula Vista, Calif., and Anthony Marandola, of Brookfield, Conn.
Visitation is from 3 to 6 p.m. Thursday and from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at Hawthorne Funeral Home. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday at Holy Rosary Church in Hawthorne. Entombment will follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Hawthorne.
- 1 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Mount Pleasant
- 3 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 4 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Mount Pleasant
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Mount Pleasant Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'