HAWTHORNE, N.Y. – Esther Victoria Barcia of Hawthorne died Jan. 15. She was 79.
Born Jan. 17, 1933, in Bronx, N.Y., she was the daughter of Filipo and Maria Capotosta Marandola. She married Gasper J. Barcia in 1951 and moved to Hawthorne in 1962.
She raised a family in Hawthorne and was a longtime member of the Hawthorne Fire Department Ladies Auxiliary.
Barcia is survived by her husband; four children, Thomas Barcia, of Ossining, Marie Marcy, of Hawthorne, Johanna Carminucci, of Brewster, N.Y., and Phyllis Garito, of Briarcliff Manor; 10 grandchildren and a great-grandchild.
She is also survived by four siblings, Lucy Drake and Vickie Garrett, both of Danville, Ill., Benjamin Marandola, of Chula Vista, Calif., and Anthony Marandola, of Brookfield, Conn.
Visitation is from 3 to 6 p.m. Thursday and from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at Hawthorne Funeral Home. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday at Holy Rosary Church in Hawthorne. Entombment will follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Hawthorne.
- 1 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 2 Serious Crash Reported On Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate
- 4 Former Mount Pleasant Police Chief Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charge
- 5 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island