VALHALLA, N.Y. - George H. Dittmeier of Valhalla died June 30. He was 90.
Dittmeier served with the U.S. Army during World War II. He attended Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and Stevens Institute of Technology. He was employed as a materials engineer at U.S. Army Soldier and Biological Systems Command in Natick, Mass.
Dittmeier is survived by his wife, Domenica Dittmeier; son, Eric Dittmeier; and daughter, Carolyn Dittmeier; and a grandson. He was predeceased by his daughter, Lydia Dittmeier.
Calling hours are Saturday, July 12 from 10 to 11 a.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home. Interment to follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Hawthorne.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 4 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 5 Mount Pleasant Could See Lowest Autumn Gas Prices In Four Years