VALHALLA, N.Y. - George H. Dittmeier of Valhalla died June 30. He was 90.
Dittmeier served with the U.S. Army during World War II. He attended Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and Stevens Institute of Technology. He was employed as a materials engineer at U.S. Army Soldier and Biological Systems Command in Natick, Mass.
Dittmeier is survived by his wife, Domenica Dittmeier; son, Eric Dittmeier; and daughter, Carolyn Dittmeier; and a grandson. He was predeceased by his daughter, Lydia Dittmeier.
Calling hours are Saturday, July 12 from 10 to 11 a.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home. Interment to follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Hawthorne.
- 1 Former Mount Pleasant School Board Member Wins Seat As Write-In Candidate
- 2 Mount Pleasant Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Westchester School Budgets Get OKs From Voters
- 4 Thornwood's License 2 Grill Provides Tips On Grilling The Perfect Burger
- 5 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit