VALHALLA, N.Y. - George H. Dittmeier of Valhalla died June 30. He was 90.
Dittmeier served with the U.S. Army during World War II. He attended Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and Stevens Institute of Technology. He was employed as a materials engineer at U.S. Army Soldier and Biological Systems Command in Natick, Mass.
Dittmeier is survived by his wife, Domenica Dittmeier; son, Eric Dittmeier; and daughter, Carolyn Dittmeier; and a grandson. He was predeceased by his daughter, Lydia Dittmeier.
Calling hours are Saturday, July 12 from 10 to 11 a.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home. Interment to follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Hawthorne.
- 1 Westlake High School Valedictorian Encourages 'Acts Of Kindness'
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director