VALHALLA, N.Y. - George H. Dittmeier of Valhalla died June 30. He was 90.
Dittmeier served with the U.S. Army during World War II. He attended Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and Stevens Institute of Technology. He was employed as a materials engineer at U.S. Army Soldier and Biological Systems Command in Natick, Mass.
Dittmeier is survived by his wife, Domenica Dittmeier; son, Eric Dittmeier; and daughter, Carolyn Dittmeier; and a grandson. He was predeceased by his daughter, Lydia Dittmeier.
Calling hours are Saturday, July 12 from 10 to 11 a.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home. Interment to follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Hawthorne.
- 1 Westchester Native Mark Zuckerberg Announces He's Will Be A Dad
- 2 One-Car Crash Closes Saw Mill Parkway For Hours
- 3 Advisory Issued For Smoke Odor Caused By Mount Pleasant Mulch Fire
- 4 Billionaire Westchester Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 5 Mount Pleasant Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night