THORNWOOD, N.Y. - Harry Abajian of Thornwood died April 16. He was 97.
Abajian was born Sept. 23, 1915, to John and Anna (Jevalagian) Abajian in NYC. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II and was a member of the American Legion. He was the owner and operator of Lexington Plumbing Supply in the Bronx.
Abajian is survived by his wife, Victoria (Onigian) Abajian of Thornwood; children, Janice (Michael) Blanco of Ames, Iowa, Margaret (Thomas) Fogarasi of Thornwood and Frank (Linda Sode) Abajian of Port Chester; sister, Roxie Valentine of Yonkers; and seven grandchildren. He was predeceased by one sister and two brothers.
Calling hours will be Thursday, April 18, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home, where services will be held Friday, April 19, at noon. Interment will be in Kensico Cemetery, Valhalla.
- 1 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 2 Report: Westchester HS Coach Resigned After Teen Alleged Sex Act
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 5 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud