NORTH WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Helen L. Massaro (Avisati), a North White Plains resident, died Aug. 20. She was 88.
Massaro was born Feb. 4, 1926, to Lucy (nee Amoriello) and Antonio Avisati. She graduated from White Plains High School, was a secretary at Kensico Cemetery in Valhalla and then a bookkeeper for Massaro Construction Company.
She was a member of the Rosary Altar Society and a parishioner at Holy Name of Jesus Church in Valhalla. She was also a member of the Armonk Adult Club.
Massaro is survived by her children, Dominick (Yvonne), Larry (Lynette), and Marian; two grandchildren; two great grandchildren; sisters-in-law, Helen (Massaro) D'Angelo and Joan Pizzonia; and many cousins; and nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; and step-father, Anthony Pizzonia; husband, Dominick Massaro; and brother, Richard Pizzonia.
Calling hours are Thursday, Aug. 21 from 7 to 9 p.m. and Friday, Aug. 22 from 2 to r and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home, Hawthorne. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, Aug. 22 at Holy Name of Jesus Church in Valhalla. Interment at Mt. Calvary Cemetery, Greenburgh.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Holy Name of Jesus Church in Valhalla.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 2 Woman Safe After Jump From Overpass Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 3 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Mount Pleasant
- 5 Mount Pleasant Home Sales Soar 17 Percent In Third Quarter