NORTH WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Helen L. Massaro (Avisati), a North White Plains resident, died Aug. 20. She was 88.
Massaro was born Feb. 4, 1926, to Lucy (nee Amoriello) and Antonio Avisati. She graduated from White Plains High School, was a secretary at Kensico Cemetery in Valhalla and then a bookkeeper for Massaro Construction Company.
She was a member of the Rosary Altar Society and a parishioner at Holy Name of Jesus Church in Valhalla. She was also a member of the Armonk Adult Club.
Massaro is survived by her children, Dominick (Yvonne), Larry (Lynette), and Marian; two grandchildren; two great grandchildren; sisters-in-law, Helen (Massaro) D'Angelo and Joan Pizzonia; and many cousins; and nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; and step-father, Anthony Pizzonia; husband, Dominick Massaro; and brother, Richard Pizzonia.
Calling hours are Thursday, Aug. 21 from 7 to 9 p.m. and Friday, Aug. 22 from 2 to r and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home, Hawthorne. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, Aug. 22 at Holy Name of Jesus Church in Valhalla. Interment at Mt. Calvary Cemetery, Greenburgh.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Holy Name of Jesus Church in Valhalla.
- 1 A Look At How Mount Pleasant’s School Bond Will Affect Taxpayers
- 2 Woman Allegedly Uses Child To Steal Wallet In Hartsdale Pizzeria
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Female Suspect From Westchester Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 5 Astorino, Cuomo Trade Jabs In Contentious Gubernatorial Debate