NORTH WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Helen L. Massaro (Avisati), a North White Plains resident, died Aug. 20. She was 88.
Massaro was born Feb. 4, 1926, to Lucy (nee Amoriello) and Antonio Avisati. She graduated from White Plains High School, was a secretary at Kensico Cemetery in Valhalla and then a bookkeeper for Massaro Construction Company.
She was a member of the Rosary Altar Society and a parishioner at Holy Name of Jesus Church in Valhalla. She was also a member of the Armonk Adult Club.
Massaro is survived by her children, Dominick (Yvonne), Larry (Lynette), and Marian; two grandchildren; two great grandchildren; sisters-in-law, Helen (Massaro) D'Angelo and Joan Pizzonia; and many cousins; and nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; and step-father, Anthony Pizzonia; husband, Dominick Massaro; and brother, Richard Pizzonia.
Calling hours are Thursday, Aug. 21 from 7 to 9 p.m. and Friday, Aug. 22 from 2 to r and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home, Hawthorne. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, Aug. 22 at Holy Name of Jesus Church in Valhalla. Interment at Mt. Calvary Cemetery, Greenburgh.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Holy Name of Jesus Church in Valhalla.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 4 Sprain Brook Parkway Checkpoint Results In 12 Charges
- 5 Approval Of Valhalla School Building Sale Tops Week's News