THORNWOOD, N.Y. - Jean Carrozza of Thornwood died Saturday, Jan. 4. She was 86.
Carrozza was born Dec. 1, 1927, in Solano, Italy, to Annunziato and Angelina Carrozza. She earned a teaching degree in Italy and emigrated to the United States in 1947. She and her husband settled in Thornwood in 1958 and they remained lifelong residents. She worked as a teacher's aide in the Chappaqua School system for 15 years.
Carrozza is survived by her daughter, Marianne Carrozza Smith (Larry) of Thornwood; son, Carmen Carrozza (Adriana Shepherd) of Pawling; four grandchildren; brother, Pasquale of Somers; and 23 nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Carmelo Carrozza.
Calling hours are Tuesday, Jan. 7 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Cassidy - Flynn Funeral Home Inc., 288 East Main St., Mt. Kisco. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Wednesday, Jan. 8 morning at Holy Rosary Church, Thorwood. Burial to follow at All Souls Cemetery, Pleasantville.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Carrozza’s memory to the Carmen Carrozza Scholarship Fund, 175 King St. Chappaqua, NY 10514. Attention Joseph Ciccone.
- 1 Thornwood's License 2 Grill Provides Tips On Grilling The Perfect Burger
- 2 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 3 New York's Largest-Ever Heroin Seizure Nets Yonkers Suspect
- 4 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors
- 5 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak