MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. - John A. Bellantoni, formerly of White Plains and currently of Mt. Pleasant, died July 1. He was 71.
Bellantoni was born Sept. 17, 1942, in White Plains, to Mary LeMark and John Bellantoni. He was the grandson of Antonio Bellantoni, founder of Bellantoni Bakery in White Plains. A graduate of White Plains High School, he went on to the University of Bridgeport and Columbia University where he completed two Masters Degrees in education. He was a high school administrator for 30 years at various schools culminating at Harrison High School. He served as a Vietnam combat veteran. He was the unofficial mayor of White Plains.
Bellantoni is survived by his children, David (Flora) Bellantoni and Sarah (Eddie Kelly) Bellantoni, both of Astoria, Ilene Smith, Patti Bellantoni and Pat Pelliccio; uncle, Michael Bellantoni; and many cousins. He was predeceased by his brother, Patrick.
Calling hours are Sunday, July 6 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the McMahon, Lyon & Hartnett Funeral Home Inc., 491 Mamaroneck Ave., White Plains. Funeral Service will be held at 10 a.m. Monday, July 7 with Fr. Ralph officiating, at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church, 92 South Lexington Ave.,
In lieu of flowers, a donation may be made to Wounded Warriors Project at www.woundedwarriorproject.org
- 1 Valhalla School District Will Be Closed, MPCSD Will Have Early Dismissal
- 2 Man Driving 95 MPH Charged With DWI In Mount Pleasant
- 3 Parking Officer From Thornwood Out On Bail In 'Sex For No Ticket' Charge
- 4 Mount Pleasant Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Westchester's Winter Wonderland Transforms Mount Pleasant's Kensico Dam