THORNWOOD, N.Y. - John Sahaida of Thornwood, died May 1. He was 85.
Sahaida was born in Yonkers to Louis and Helen (Preska) Sahaida. He attended Saunders High School in Yonkers, and served in the Navy in WW II. He was a member of the Westchester County Police Department until retirement in 1983.
He is survived by his wife, Margaret; daughters, Carol (John) Miller and Kim (Ed) Schmitz; three grandchildren; and sister, Helen Fischer. He was predeceased by his parents; and sister, Mary Spence.
A Memorial Mass will be celebrated Saturday, May 11 at 10 a.m. at Holy Rosary R.C. Church in Hawthorne.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- 1 Former Mount Pleasant Police Chief Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charge
- 2 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 3 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer
- 4 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate
- 5 Where You Live In Westchester County Is No Easy Answer