HAWTHORNE, N.Y. – Margaret C. Gurksnis, of Hawthorne, died Jan. 15 at Phelps Memorial Hospital Center in Sleepy Hollow. She was 87.
Gurksnis was born April 1, 1925, in Ossining to Arthur and Margaret Trainor Combs. She was a retired bookkeeper for Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co. in Mount Vernon.
She is survived by two children, Maureen (Stephen) McLynn, of Hawthorne, and John McCabe, of Yonkers; a brother, George (Eleanor) Combs, of Wakefield, R.I.; three grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
Gurksnis was predeceased by her husband, Thomas Gurksnis, in 1994; a son, George McCabe, in 1966; and a granddaughter, Dawn.
Visitation is from 4-8 p.m. Friday at Hawthorne Funeral Home. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11:30 a.m. Saturday at Holy Rosary Church in Hawthorne. Burial will follow at St. Mary’s Cemetery in Yonkers.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Alzheimer's Association.
- 1 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 2 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 3 Cuomo Agrees To Two Gubernatorial Debates Pending Astorino Acceptance
- 4 Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Targets Homeschooling
- 5 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus