HAWTHORNE, N.Y. – Margaret C. Gurksnis, of Hawthorne, died Jan. 15 at Phelps Memorial Hospital Center in Sleepy Hollow. She was 87.
Gurksnis was born April 1, 1925, in Ossining to Arthur and Margaret Trainor Combs. She was a retired bookkeeper for Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co. in Mount Vernon.
She is survived by two children, Maureen (Stephen) McLynn, of Hawthorne, and John McCabe, of Yonkers; a brother, George (Eleanor) Combs, of Wakefield, R.I.; three grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
Gurksnis was predeceased by her husband, Thomas Gurksnis, in 1994; a son, George McCabe, in 1966; and a granddaughter, Dawn.
Visitation is from 4-8 p.m. Friday at Hawthorne Funeral Home. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11:30 a.m. Saturday at Holy Rosary Church in Hawthorne. Burial will follow at St. Mary’s Cemetery in Yonkers.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Alzheimer's Association.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 3 Amber Alert Issued For 5-Year-Old Forcibly Taken By Two Men
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Mount Pleasant
- 5 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester