HAWTHORNE, N.Y. – Margaret C. Gurksnis, of Hawthorne, died Jan. 15 at Phelps Memorial Hospital Center in Sleepy Hollow. She was 87.
Gurksnis was born April 1, 1925, in Ossining to Arthur and Margaret Trainor Combs. She was a retired bookkeeper for Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co. in Mount Vernon.
She is survived by two children, Maureen (Stephen) McLynn, of Hawthorne, and John McCabe, of Yonkers; a brother, George (Eleanor) Combs, of Wakefield, R.I.; three grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
Gurksnis was predeceased by her husband, Thomas Gurksnis, in 1994; a son, George McCabe, in 1966; and a granddaughter, Dawn.
Visitation is from 4-8 p.m. Friday at Hawthorne Funeral Home. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11:30 a.m. Saturday at Holy Rosary Church in Hawthorne. Burial will follow at St. Mary’s Cemetery in Yonkers.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Alzheimer's Association.
- 1 Valhalla School District Will Be Closed, MPCSD Will Have Early Dismissal
- 2 Thornwood Resident Accused Of Offering To Drop Parking Ticket For Sex
- 3 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Mount Pleasant On Wednesday
- 4 Man Driving 95 MPH Charged With DWI In Mount Pleasant
- 5 Mount Pleasant Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday