HAWTHORNE, N.Y. - Marie S. Harley-Oakes of Hawthorne died March 17. She was 75.
Harley-Oakes was born July 15, 1938, to William and Sarah Huerstel in New York City. She was a teacher at Maria Regina High School in Hartsdale and later with Croton Harmon Schools.
Harley-Oakes is survived by her children, Daniel P. (Karen) Harley of Irvine, Calif., and Sally (Thomas) Silvestro of Brewster; stepchildren, Nancy J. Oakes, William B. Oakes III and John Oakes; sister, Anne Clifford of Carmel; and five grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; first husband, John P. Harley; and second husband, William B. Oakes.
Calling hours are Sunday, March 23 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, March 24 at Holy Rosary Church, Hawthorne. Interment at the Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Hawthorne.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mount Pleasant Skies Sunday
- 2 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Mount Pleasant
- 3 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Mount Pleasant Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 5 Mount Pleasant Home Sales Soar 17 Percent In Third Quarter