THORNWOOD, N.Y. - Michael V. Grande of Thornwood died Feb. 24. He was 81.
Grande was born Sept. 3, 1932, to Frank and Maria (nee Gesmundo) Grande in Yonkers. He was a veteran in the U.S. Army. He was a contractor and builder for the Michael Grande Construction Corp. in Thornwood.
Grande is survived by his former wife, RoseMarie Grande of Ossining; children, Frank (Karen) Grande of North White Plains; daughter, Maria (Thomas) Griffin of Valhalla; brother, Nicholas Grande of Houston, Texas; and grandson, Thomas Michael Griffin. He was predeceased by his parents; three brothers; and two sisters.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Feb. 26 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 12 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 27 at Our Lady Queen of Peace Chapel, Hawthorne. Interment at the Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Hawthorne.
- 1 Mount Pleasant Supervisor To Resign After 23 Years of Service
- 2 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 3 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus
- 4 Nine Billionaires With Westchester Ties Make Forbes 400 List
- 5 Westchester Scholars Named National Achievement Semifinalists