VALHALLA, N.Y. - Raymond Ball of Valhalla, and Wallingford, Vt., died Aug. 9. He was 90.
During WWII, Ball served in Europe with the 12th Armored Division. He was the proprietor of Westchester Ski and Sport Shop of White Plains for 45 years and a member of the Ridgeview Congregational UCC Church.
Ball is survived by his children, Deborah (Charles) Wein of Ridgefield, Conn., Gail (Wes) Macleod-Ball of Silver Spring, Md., and Pete (Diane) Ball, of Carnelian Bay, Calif.; sister, Helen Bulling of Rochester; four grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his wife, Petronella.
A Memorial Service will be held Saturday, Aug. 23 at 2 p.m. in the Ridgeview Church, 12 Ridgeview Ave., White Plains.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Wolf Conservation Center in South Salem (nywolf.org) or to the Ridgeview Church.
For more information, please visit: www.hawthornefuneralhome.com
- 1 Mount Pleasant Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Mount Pleasant
- 3 White Plains Actress, School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Mount Pleasant Tuesday
- 5 Target, With Three Westchester Locations, Cutting Thousands Of Jobs