VALHALLA, N.Y. - Raymond Ball of Valhalla, and Wallingford, Vt., died Aug. 9. He was 90.
During WWII, Ball served in Europe with the 12th Armored Division. He was the proprietor of Westchester Ski and Sport Shop of White Plains for 45 years and a member of the Ridgeview Congregational UCC Church.
Ball is survived by his children, Deborah (Charles) Wein of Ridgefield, Conn., Gail (Wes) Macleod-Ball of Silver Spring, Md., and Pete (Diane) Ball, of Carnelian Bay, Calif.; sister, Helen Bulling of Rochester; four grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his wife, Petronella.
A Memorial Service will be held Saturday, Aug. 23 at 2 p.m. in the Ridgeview Church, 12 Ridgeview Ave., White Plains.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Wolf Conservation Center in South Salem (nywolf.org) or to the Ridgeview Church.
For more information, please visit: www.hawthornefuneralhome.com
- 1 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 2 Former Mount Pleasant Police Chief Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charge
- 3 Serious Crash Reported On Sprain Brook Parkway
- 4 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate
- 5 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer