VALHALLA, N.Y. - Raymond Ball of Valhalla, and Wallingford, Vt., died Aug. 9. He was 90.
During WWII, Ball served in Europe with the 12th Armored Division. He was the proprietor of Westchester Ski and Sport Shop of White Plains for 45 years and a member of the Ridgeview Congregational UCC Church.
Ball is survived by his children, Deborah (Charles) Wein of Ridgefield, Conn., Gail (Wes) Macleod-Ball of Silver Spring, Md., and Pete (Diane) Ball, of Carnelian Bay, Calif.; sister, Helen Bulling of Rochester; four grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his wife, Petronella.
A Memorial Service will be held Saturday, Aug. 23 at 2 p.m. in the Ridgeview Church, 12 Ridgeview Ave., White Plains.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Wolf Conservation Center in South Salem (nywolf.org) or to the Ridgeview Church.
For more information, please visit: www.hawthornefuneralhome.com
- 1 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Valhalla Village Creamery Ties For First In DVlicious Contest