BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. – The Rev. George Higgins, known as a congregation builder during 65 years in the ministry that included stints in Briarcliff and Hawthorne, died at age 87 at Calvary Hospital in the Bronx on Friday, April 25.
Rev. Higgins, a thorough, thoughtful and entertaining preacher, also served multi-year stints in Milford, N.H., Dover, Del., and Dalton, Mass. He is survived by his loving family.
Rev. Higgins was actively preaching until one month before his death. He touched many lives with his booming voice and outgoing personality.
Wake will be at Hawthorne Funeral Home, 21 West Stevens Avenue, Hawthorne from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday, April 27. Funeral services will be at Briarcliff Congregational Church, 25 South State Road, Briarcliff Manor at 10 a.m. on Monday, April 28.
In lieu of flowers, donations are suggested to Calvary Hospital, 1740 Eastchester Rd., Bronx N.Y.
- 1 Voters Reject Mount Pleasant’s $55.8M Bond For Schools In Strong Turnout
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For Parts Of Lower Hudson Valley
- 3 Mount Pleasant Secretary Looking For Dog That Went Missing In Yorktown
- 4 IRS Warns Mount Pleasant Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Pleasantville Murder Victim Is Laid To Rest