BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. – The Rev. George Higgins, known as a congregation builder during 65 years in the ministry that included stints in Briarcliff and Hawthorne, died at age 87 at Calvary Hospital in the Bronx on Friday, April 25.
Rev. Higgins, a thorough, thoughtful and entertaining preacher, also served multi-year stints in Milford, N.H., Dover, Del., and Dalton, Mass. He is survived by his loving family.
Rev. Higgins was actively preaching until one month before his death. He touched many lives with his booming voice and outgoing personality.
Wake will be at Hawthorne Funeral Home, 21 West Stevens Avenue, Hawthorne from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday, April 27. Funeral services will be at Briarcliff Congregational Church, 25 South State Road, Briarcliff Manor at 10 a.m. on Monday, April 28.
In lieu of flowers, donations are suggested to Calvary Hospital, 1740 Eastchester Rd., Bronx N.Y.
- 1 State Police Warn Mount Pleasant Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 3 NTSB Says It Could Take Full Year To Complete Valhalla Crash Investigation
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison