BRIARCLIFF, N.Y. - Reverend George B. Higgins of Briarcliff died April 25. He was 87.
Rev. Higgins was born and raised in North Adams, Mass. After graduating from Williams College in 1945 he entered the U.S. Navy. After discharge, he earned a Master's in Divinity from New York Theological Seminary. He accepted his first pastorate at the Congregational church in Vernon, Conn. Thereafter, he went on to serve multi-year stints at churches in Milford N.H., Dover Del., Stony Stratford UK, Dalton Mass., Briarcliff Manor and Hawthorne.
He served as Town Moderator in Eastham Mass., Dalton Mass., and Milford N.H., was chairman of the Cape Cod Conservation Committee, had membership in local Rotary Clubs and served as chaplain and ambulance driver at the Briarcliff Manor Fire Department.
He is survived by his family.
Funeral Services will be held at 10 a.m. Monday, April 28 at Briarcliff Congregational Church , 25 S. State Road, Briarcliff Manor.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Calvary Hospital, 1740 Eastchester Road, Bronx.
For more information, please visit: www.hawthornefuneralhome.com
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 3 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 4 Overturned Vehicle Closes Stretch Of Saw Mill River Parkway
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Mount Pleasant