BRIARCLIFF, N.Y. - Reverend George B. Higgins of Briarcliff died April 25. He was 87.
Rev. Higgins was born and raised in North Adams, Mass. After graduating from Williams College in 1945 he entered the U.S. Navy. After discharge, he earned a Master's in Divinity from New York Theological Seminary. He accepted his first pastorate at the Congregational church in Vernon, Conn. Thereafter, he went on to serve multi-year stints at churches in Milford N.H., Dover Del., Stony Stratford UK, Dalton Mass., Briarcliff Manor and Hawthorne.
He served as Town Moderator in Eastham Mass., Dalton Mass., and Milford N.H., was chairman of the Cape Cod Conservation Committee, had membership in local Rotary Clubs and served as chaplain and ambulance driver at the Briarcliff Manor Fire Department.
He is survived by his family.
Funeral Services will be held at 10 a.m. Monday, April 28 at Briarcliff Congregational Church , 25 S. State Road, Briarcliff Manor.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Calvary Hospital, 1740 Eastchester Road, Bronx.
For more information, please visit: www.hawthornefuneralhome.com
- 1 State Police Warn Mount Pleasant Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York