HAWTHORNE, N.Y. – Thomas W. Palamara of Hawthorne died Jan. 13 at Phelps Memorial Hospital Center in Sleepy Hollow. He was 87.
He was born March 9, 1925, in White Plains to Joseph and Lucy Giorno Palamara. He was a retired custodian for the Valhalla School District.
Palamara is survived by two children, Thomas J. (Terry) Palamara, of Hawthorne, and Barbara (Kenneth) Heverly, of Hopewell Junction, N.Y.; a son-in-law, Ian McLean, of Stormville, N.Y.; four grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
His wife, Sophie Dandreano Palamara, died in 2011, and a daughter, Patricia McLean, died in 1995. A brother, Joseph Palamara; and a sister, Rose Tropiano. also predeceased him.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m., Thursday, at Hawthorne Funeral Home. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m., Friday, at Holy Rosary Church in Hawthorne. Burial will follow at Mount Calvary Cemetery in Greenburgh.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Alzheimer's Association or American Cancer Society.
- 1 Mount Pleasant Voters Defeat $42M In Projects At Westlake Schools
- 2 David Rockefeller Donates $4M For Mount Pleasant State Park Preserve
- 3 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 4 Driver Hospitalized After Crash On 9A Ramp In Mount Pleasant
- 5 Valhalla Man Denied Parole In Wife's Murder