OSSINING/VALHALLA, N.Y. - Valerie A. Celano, formerly of Ossining and Valhalla, died June 14. She was 79.
Celano was born July 30, 1934, to Donald and Ann (nee Acker) Heagney in Hawthorne. She was a retired bookkeeper with I. Schwartz & Sons Hardware in Hartsdale.
Celano is survived by her children, David Celano of Wappingers Falls, Ellen Celano of Ringwood, N.J., Valerie Carlson of Bethel, Conn. and Anne Mosel (Jack) of Lake Carmel; sister, Katharine Cahill; brothers, Paul, Phil and Leslie Heagney; and two granddaughters. She was predeceased by her parents; brother, Donald Heagney; and husband, Nicholas E. Celano.
Calling hours are Tuesday, June 17 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home, where funeral services will be held at 8 p.m. Interment at her family plot at Hawthorne Dutch Reformed Church Cemetery, Hawthorne.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research at michealjfox.org
- 1 Mount Pleasant Voters Defeat $42M In Projects At Westlake Schools
- 2 Saw Mill Exit Ramp Reopens After Closure In Mount Pleasant
- 3 Driver Hospitalized After Crash On 9A Ramp In Mount Pleasant
- 4 David Rockefeller Donates $4M For Mount Pleasant State Park Preserve
- 5 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items