OSSINING/VALHALLA, N.Y. - Valerie A. Celano, formerly of Ossining and Valhalla, died June 14. She was 79.
Celano was born July 30, 1934, to Donald and Ann (nee Acker) Heagney in Hawthorne. She was a retired bookkeeper with I. Schwartz & Sons Hardware in Hartsdale.
Celano is survived by her children, David Celano of Wappingers Falls, Ellen Celano of Ringwood, N.J., Valerie Carlson of Bethel, Conn. and Anne Mosel (Jack) of Lake Carmel; sister, Katharine Cahill; brothers, Paul, Phil and Leslie Heagney; and two granddaughters. She was predeceased by her parents; brother, Donald Heagney; and husband, Nicholas E. Celano.
Calling hours are Tuesday, June 17 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home, where funeral services will be held at 8 p.m. Interment at her family plot at Hawthorne Dutch Reformed Church Cemetery, Hawthorne.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research at michealjfox.org
- 1 Valhalla Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 2 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On Route 117 In Pleasantville
- 3 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 4 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed