OSSINING/VALHALLA, N.Y. - Valerie A. Celano, formerly of Ossining and Valhalla, died June 14. She was 79.
Celano was born July 30, 1934, to Donald and Ann (nee Acker) Heagney in Hawthorne. She was a retired bookkeeper with I. Schwartz & Sons Hardware in Hartsdale.
Celano is survived by her children, David Celano of Wappingers Falls, Ellen Celano of Ringwood, N.J., Valerie Carlson of Bethel, Conn. and Anne Mosel (Jack) of Lake Carmel; sister, Katharine Cahill; brothers, Paul, Phil and Leslie Heagney; and two granddaughters. She was predeceased by her parents; brother, Donald Heagney; and husband, Nicholas E. Celano.
Calling hours are Tuesday, June 17 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home, where funeral services will be held at 8 p.m. Interment at her family plot at Hawthorne Dutch Reformed Church Cemetery, Hawthorne.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research at michealjfox.org
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Mount Pleasant, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Mount Pleasant; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Mount Pleasant Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Hawthorne-Cedar Knolls Will Have Delayed Opening