HAWTHORNE, N.Y. - Veronica Whittle of Hawthorne died April 19. She was 88.
Whittle was born April 28, 1925, to James and Margaret (nee Donnelly) McAdam in Newark, N.J.
Whittle is survived by her husband, Neil Whittle of Hawthorne; daughters, Carol Marie Figueroa of Newington, Conn., Wendy A. Whittle of Croton and Barbara (Steve) J. Blank of Rockton, Ill.; nine grandchildren; and three great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her sisters, Aileen Blake and Elizabeth Kenny.
Calling hours are Tuesday, April 22 from 7 to 9 p.m. and Wednesday, April 23 from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 12 p.m. Wednesday, April 23 at the Holy Rosary Church, Hawthorne. Interment at the Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Hawthorne.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 4 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 5 Mount Pleasant Could See Lowest Autumn Gas Prices In Four Years