THORNWOOD, N.Y. - William H. Geary of Thornwood died July 6. He was 89.
Geary was born Sept. 13, 1924, in New York City, to William and Sarah Geary. He served in the
U.S. Navy in both World War II and Korea. He was a retired stereotyper with the N.Y. Post.
Geary is survived by his children, William P. (Elizabeth) Geary of Smithfield, R.I.., Michael T. (Colette) Geary of New Rochelle, Kathryn M. (Walter) Moran of Hawthorne and Patricia A. Tighe of Bridgewater, N.J.; sister, Mary (Steve) McLaughlin of Mahwah, N.J.; 10 grandchildren; two great grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Catherine (nee Burke) Geary; daughter-in-law, Pamela; son-in-law, Michael Tighe; and brothers, Harold and John Geary.
Calling hours are Wednesday, July 9 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, July 10 at the Holy Rosary Church, Hawthorne. Interment at the Maryrest Cemetery, Mahwah, N.J.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to either, Calvary Hospital, Bronx or a charity of your choice.
- 1 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 2 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 3 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash In TV Interview
- 5 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam