THORNWOOD, N.Y. - William H. Geary of Thornwood died July 6. He was 89.
Geary was born Sept. 13, 1924, in New York City, to William and Sarah Geary. He served in the
U.S. Navy in both World War II and Korea. He was a retired stereotyper with the N.Y. Post.
Geary is survived by his children, William P. (Elizabeth) Geary of Smithfield, R.I.., Michael T. (Colette) Geary of New Rochelle, Kathryn M. (Walter) Moran of Hawthorne and Patricia A. Tighe of Bridgewater, N.J.; sister, Mary (Steve) McLaughlin of Mahwah, N.J.; 10 grandchildren; two great grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Catherine (nee Burke) Geary; daughter-in-law, Pamela; son-in-law, Michael Tighe; and brothers, Harold and John Geary.
Calling hours are Wednesday, July 9 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, July 10 at the Holy Rosary Church, Hawthorne. Interment at the Maryrest Cemetery, Mahwah, N.J.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to either, Calvary Hospital, Bronx or a charity of your choice.
- 1 Kensico Dam In Valhalla Launches July 4 Festivities Friday
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director