THORNWOOD, N.Y. - William H. Geary of Thornwood died July 6. He was 89.
Geary was born Sept. 13, 1924, in New York City, to William and Sarah Geary. He served in the
U.S. Navy in both World War II and Korea. He was a retired stereotyper with the N.Y. Post.
Geary is survived by his children, William P. (Elizabeth) Geary of Smithfield, R.I.., Michael T. (Colette) Geary of New Rochelle, Kathryn M. (Walter) Moran of Hawthorne and Patricia A. Tighe of Bridgewater, N.J.; sister, Mary (Steve) McLaughlin of Mahwah, N.J.; 10 grandchildren; two great grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Catherine (nee Burke) Geary; daughter-in-law, Pamela; son-in-law, Michael Tighe; and brothers, Harold and John Geary.
Calling hours are Wednesday, July 9 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, July 10 at the Holy Rosary Church, Hawthorne. Interment at the Maryrest Cemetery, Mahwah, N.J.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to either, Calvary Hospital, Bronx or a charity of your choice.
- 1 Westchester Native Mark Zuckerberg Announces He's Will Be A Dad
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 One-Car Crash Closes Saw Mill Parkway For Hours
- 4 Advisory Issued For Smoke Odor Caused By Mount Pleasant Mulch Fire
- 5 Billionaire Westchester Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies