THORNWOOD, N.Y. - Mount Pleasant Police arrested a 16-year-old Pleasantville Cottage School student Thursday, who they say called in a fake threat to the Thornwood Shopping Center on New Year's Day.
According to Mount Pleasant Police Chief Louis Alagno, police received a dispatch call from the New York State Police that a threat was called in at the center at around 2:15 p.m. on Tuesday.
Alagno said the man calling in the threat said "he was going to kill everyone at the center and they should bring police with snipers and assault rifles." Police say they responded to the location and determined it secure and that no threat was present.
A trace of the call led to the arrest of the minor on Thursday. Police say the minor was charged with falsely reporting an incident in the second degree, a felony.
- 1 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 2 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 3 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 4 Woman Earns Medal For Helping Injured Valhalla Train Crash Survivors
- 5 Patient For Ebola In Yonkers Is Cleared