THORNWOOD, N.Y. - Mount Pleasant Police arrested a 16-year-old Pleasantville Cottage School student Thursday, who they say called in a fake threat to the Thornwood Shopping Center on New Year's Day.
According to Mount Pleasant Police Chief Louis Alagno, police received a dispatch call from the New York State Police that a threat was called in at the center at around 2:15 p.m. on Tuesday.
Alagno said the man calling in the threat said "he was going to kill everyone at the center and they should bring police with snipers and assault rifles." Police say they responded to the location and determined it secure and that no threat was present.
A trace of the call led to the arrest of the minor on Thursday. Police say the minor was charged with falsely reporting an incident in the second degree, a felony.
- 1 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Pleasantville Teen Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 3 Thornwood, Valhalla Memorial Day Parades Include American Legion Ceremonies
- 4 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says