THORNWOOD, N.Y. - Mount Pleasant Police arrested a 16-year-old Pleasantville Cottage School student Thursday, who they say called in a fake threat to the Thornwood Shopping Center on New Year's Day.
According to Mount Pleasant Police Chief Louis Alagno, police received a dispatch call from the New York State Police that a threat was called in at the center at around 2:15 p.m. on Tuesday.
Alagno said the man calling in the threat said "he was going to kill everyone at the center and they should bring police with snipers and assault rifles." Police say they responded to the location and determined it secure and that no threat was present.
A trace of the call led to the arrest of the minor on Thursday. Police say the minor was charged with falsely reporting an incident in the second degree, a felony.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 3 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Mount Pleasant
- 5 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester