THORNWOOD, N.Y. - Mount Pleasant Police arrested a 16-year-old Pleasantville Cottage School student Thursday, who they say called in a fake threat to the Thornwood Shopping Center on New Year's Day.
According to Mount Pleasant Police Chief Louis Alagno, police received a dispatch call from the New York State Police that a threat was called in at the center at around 2:15 p.m. on Tuesday.
Alagno said the man calling in the threat said "he was going to kill everyone at the center and they should bring police with snipers and assault rifles." Police say they responded to the location and determined it secure and that no threat was present.
A trace of the call led to the arrest of the minor on Thursday. Police say the minor was charged with falsely reporting an incident in the second degree, a felony.
- 1 Letter: Mount Pleasant Schools’ Proposed Bond Is Irresponsible
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mount Pleasant Skies Sunday
- 3 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Mount Pleasant, NOAA Predicts
- 4 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions
- 5 Man Who Allegedly Threatened His Former High School Arrested In Greenburgh