THORNWOOD, N.Y. - Mount Pleasant Police arrested a 16-year-old Pleasantville Cottage School student Thursday, who they say called in a fake threat to the Thornwood Shopping Center on New Year's Day.
According to Mount Pleasant Police Chief Louis Alagno, police received a dispatch call from the New York State Police that a threat was called in at the center at around 2:15 p.m. on Tuesday.
Alagno said the man calling in the threat said "he was going to kill everyone at the center and they should bring police with snipers and assault rifles." Police say they responded to the location and determined it secure and that no threat was present.
A trace of the call led to the arrest of the minor on Thursday. Police say the minor was charged with falsely reporting an incident in the second degree, a felony.
- 1 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 2 Former Mount Pleasant Police Chief Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charge
- 3 Serious Crash Reported On Sprain Brook Parkway
- 4 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate
- 5 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer