THORNWOOD, N.Y. - Mount Pleasant Police arrested a 16-year-old Pleasantville Cottage School student Thursday, who they say called in a fake threat to the Thornwood Shopping Center on New Year's Day.
According to Mount Pleasant Police Chief Louis Alagno, police received a dispatch call from the New York State Police that a threat was called in at the center at around 2:15 p.m. on Tuesday.
Alagno said the man calling in the threat said "he was going to kill everyone at the center and they should bring police with snipers and assault rifles." Police say they responded to the location and determined it secure and that no threat was present.
A trace of the call led to the arrest of the minor on Thursday. Police say the minor was charged with falsely reporting an incident in the second degree, a felony.
- 1 Westchester Native Mark Zuckerberg Says He's Going To Be A Dad
- 2 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 3 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Taconic State Parkway Crash Causing Delays