HAWTHORNE, N.Y. -- Mount Pleasant Police are investigating a series of car break-ins that took place over the weekend in the parking lot adjacent to the Applebee's and New York Sports Club in Hawthorne.
Mount Pleasant Police Chief Louis Alagno said that on the night of Jan. 4, five cars in the parking lot were broken into and various items stolen. In each instance, Alagno said that a window was smashed before the the cars were entered. Alagno said that four of the break-ins were reported to police between 8:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. on that night. One break-in was reported in the same parking lot the next day on Jan. 5 around 2:30 p.m., however, Alagno said the car was left in the parking lot overnight and the incident likely occurred the previous night.
Items stolen from the cars included an Apple laptop computer, a Louis Vuitton wallet and all of the items inside, an Amazon Kindle tablet, a Dell laptop computer and two iPhone 4 cell phones, among others.
Alagno said that neither the Applebee's nor New York Sports Club had surveillance footage of the parking lot. An investigation continues and no arrest has been made.
In other police news:
- On Monday, around 9 a.m., Mount Pleasant Police say that it was reported one of the fields at the Stonegate Park in Valhalla was damaged by an all-terrain vehicle. Police say the ATV caused about $700 worth of damage to the field. All-terrain vehicles are illegal at Stonegate Park. No arrest has been made.
- 1 Mount Pleasant Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Mount Pleasant
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Mount Pleasant, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Westchester Schools Postpone SAT Exams Due To Inclement Weather