VALHALLA, N.Y. – A tow-behind air compressor worth $15,000 was reported stolen from a Valhalla construction equipment yard Wednesday morning, according to the Mount Pleasant Police. $15,000.
Workers at the yard said the theft occurred during the overnight hours. The equipment yard is located on Lakeview Avenue in Valhalla. Police are investigating and no arrests have been made.
Also from the police blotter:
• A vehicle stop on Route 9A in Hawthorne on Sunday led to the arrest of the driver on a misdemeanor DUI charge. Willan Villa, 32 of Queens, was pulled over after police saw him drive across the median line. A roadside investigation also led to charges for driving with a suspended license.
• Two students from the Hawthorne Cedar Knolls School were arrested on misdemeanor charges of criminal trespassing in the third degree Saturday, Sept. 15. Arrested were Terrell Copeland, 18, and a 17-year-old female. Police say both were found in a building on the school’s campus that they were not authorized to be in.
• Resident of Madison Avenue in Valhalla reported to Mount Pleasant police Monday, Sept. 17, that their car was broken into while parked in their driveway. Police say a radar detector valued at $500 was stolen from the vehicle. The incident is under investigation and no arrest has been made.
• An investigation is still underway to determine if two men arrested last week on burglary charges are connected with other home burglaries in Mount Pleasant. On Sept. 12, Mount Pleasant police arrested Lemar Lewis, 18 of Yonkers, and Kevin Brown, 20 of White Plains, on felony burglary charges in connection with home burglaries in Valhalla and Thornwood early last week. Chief Louis Alagno said Wednesday it's possible the two are responsible for previous burglaries in town.
- 1 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 2 Former Mount Pleasant Police Chief Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charge
- 3 Serious Crash Reported On Sprain Brook Parkway
- 4 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate
- 5 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer