This story has been updated.
MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- A woman was killed early Friday morning when her Honda Pilot SUV struck a stone wall, flipped and crashed into a utility pole on Columbus Avenue in Valhalla, Mount Pleasant Police said.
According to Mount Pleasant Police, the SUV's roof was crushed on impact and the utility pole snapped. The accident occurred just after 4 a.m. as the woman was headed south near Locust Street.
Traffic on Columbus Avenue remained closed in both directions until after 9 a.m. as emergency personnel worked in the area of the accident. Con Edison crews were at the scene when 100 customers lost power due to the downed wires.
The accident occurred across from the Valhalla United Methodist Church where the Town of Mount Pleasant holds a summer camp. Campers were detoured for drop-off while the police and fire department investigated and cleared the road, police said.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 4 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 Mount Pleasant Could See Lowest Autumn Gas Prices In Four Years