VALHALLA, N.Y. – Consolidated Edison workers were able to seal off a gas main break Monday afternoon near Legion Drive in Valhalla, after an independent contractor accidentally punctured the line while drilling on a construction project, Mount Pleasant Police Chief Louis Alagno said.
Mount Pleasant police and Valhalla firefighters responded to the break adjacent to the Valhalla American Legion building and the Valhalla train station around 12:30 p.m. Workers in a nearby office building were evacuated as a precaution, but no one was injured during the incident.
Alagno said that around 1:30 p.m. the gas main was successfully sealed and the office workers were allowed to return to their building. Around 2 p.m. Con Edison workers remained on the scene to ensure the area was fully secure.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 2 Woman Safe After Jump From Overpass Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 3 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Mount Pleasant
- 5 Mount Pleasant Home Sales Soar 17 Percent In Third Quarter