VALHALLA, N.Y. – Consolidated Edison workers were able to seal off a gas main break Monday afternoon near Legion Drive in Valhalla, after an independent contractor accidentally punctured the line while drilling on a construction project, Mount Pleasant Police Chief Louis Alagno said.
Mount Pleasant police and Valhalla firefighters responded to the break adjacent to the Valhalla American Legion building and the Valhalla train station around 12:30 p.m. Workers in a nearby office building were evacuated as a precaution, but no one was injured during the incident.
Alagno said that around 1:30 p.m. the gas main was successfully sealed and the office workers were allowed to return to their building. Around 2 p.m. Con Edison workers remained on the scene to ensure the area was fully secure.
- 1 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 2 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 3 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 5 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam