VALHALLA, N.Y. – Consolidated Edison workers were able to seal off a gas main break Monday afternoon near Legion Drive in Valhalla, after an independent contractor accidentally punctured the line while drilling on a construction project, Mount Pleasant Police Chief Louis Alagno said.
Mount Pleasant police and Valhalla firefighters responded to the break adjacent to the Valhalla American Legion building and the Valhalla train station around 12:30 p.m. Workers in a nearby office building were evacuated as a precaution, but no one was injured during the incident.
Alagno said that around 1:30 p.m. the gas main was successfully sealed and the office workers were allowed to return to their building. Around 2 p.m. Con Edison workers remained on the scene to ensure the area was fully secure.
- 1 Former Mount Pleasant School Board Member Wins Seat As Write-In Candidate
- 2 Mount Pleasant Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Westchester School Budgets Get OKs From Voters
- 4 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 5 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies