PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- After a hit-and-run accident in Hawthorne, the driver who was accused of leaving the scene was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated, according to Mount Pleasant Police.
Police arrested David Hernandez, 21, of Yorktown, on charges of leaving the scene of an accident, a violation, and misdemeanor driving while intoxicated.
On Jan. 26 around 6:30 p.m., police say Hernandez was involved in a car accident with another vehicle on Saw Mill River Road in Hawthorne near the Westchester County Police headquarters. Shortly after, police say that an investigation led to the discovery of Hernandez in his car on Bedford Road in Pleasantville near the Pace University campus, where he was arrested.
No major injuries were reported in the accident.
In other police news...
- Mount Pleasant Police are investigating an attack that took place earlier this month on the Hawthorne Metro-North Railroad Station platform. Police say that on Jan. 14 around 6:30 p.m., an 18-year-old female from the Bronx was beaten by two females while waiting for a friend on the platform. The woman suffered a bloody nose and multiple lacerations to her face in the altercation in addition to her cell phone being stolen. The incident was not reported to police until Jan. 24. Police say the two female attackers are believed to be students at the Pleasantville Cottage School but no arrests have been made.
- Mount Pleasant Police say that on Jan. 25 around 10:30 a.m. a home on Old Farm Road in Chappaqua was entered and multiple pieces of jewelry were reportedly stolen. The incident is still under investigation.
- 1 Valhalla School District Will Be Closed, MPCSD Will Have Early Dismissal
- 2 Man Driving 95 MPH Charged With DWI In Mount Pleasant
- 3 Parking Officer From Thornwood Out On Bail In 'Sex For No Ticket' Charge
- 4 Mount Pleasant Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Westchester's Winter Wonderland Transforms Mount Pleasant's Kensico Dam