NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- A Bronx man with more than 20 suspensions on his license was arrested after leading state police on a high-speed chase on I-684 that ended with the driver crashing on Route 22 in North Salem, according to State Police.
State police attempted to stop Anthony Powell on Saturday at 11:30 a.m. when he was allegedly spotted going 89 mph on I-684. When police attempted to pull Powell over, he reportedly sped up to speeds around 100 mph, weaving in and out of lanes.
Powell then exited I-684 at Exit 6A towards Goldens Bridge where police pursued him into North Salem. He then crashed his white Infiniti SUV into a cement pillar.
Powell is charged with second-degree reckless endangerment, first-degree aggravated unlicensed operation and numerous vehicle and traffic violations in the jurisdictions of Bedford, Lewisboro and North Salem.
Powell was arraigned in the Town of Bedford Court and remanded to Westchester County Jail on $2,500 cash bail.
- 1 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On Route 117 In Pleasantville
- 2 Valhalla Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 4 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced