THORNWOOD, N.Y. – The Mount Pleasant Police Department added a Level 2 sex offender to its registry this week, which marks the first offender to be added to the list since April 2011.
Adam Ward, residing at 3 Walnut Place in Thornwood, was added to the local registry on Monday, according to Mount Pleasant police. Ward is listed at 5-foot-9 and weighs 165 pounds with brown eyes and gray hair.
Ward, 40, registered as a sex offender in October 2003 after being convicted in April 2003 of third-degree sodomy, a class E felony. He was arrested in White Plains, and his victim was a 15-year-old boy whose relationship to Ward is listed as unknown. Ward was sentenced to 90 days in jail and 10 years of probation, according to the state sex offender registry.
Level 2 in the state's three-tier classification system means the offender is deemed at moderate risk to offend again. Level 2 offenders are required to register for life.
There are currently nine registered sex offenders living in Mount Pleasant within the jurisdiction of the Mount Pleasant Police Department. That jurisdiction does not include sex offenders living at the Grasslands Homeless Shelter in Valhalla. Information on local offenders can be found at the Mount Pleasant police website. Questions or concerns about sex offenders in the area should be made to police headquarters at 914-769-1941.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Westlake High School Valedictorian Encourages 'Acts Of Kindness'
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl