WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – A male Bronx resident allegedly assaulted officers after he was arrested Thursday, June 19 at a sobriety checkpoint on northbound Saw Mill River Parkway and Lawrence Street in Dobbs Ferry, New York State Police said.
Joe Chamberlain, 54, is now facing DWI and assault charges.
Officers stopped Chamberlain at 2:09 a.m. that morning and said they smelled alcohol on his breath. When they removed him from the car, he failed the administered field sobriety test.
The officers then stated that while Chamberlain was being booked, he began to fight. He allegedly punched an officer twice in the face, then slammed another officer against a cell before he was subdued.
One officer was taken to the Westchester Medical Center emergency room, where he was treated for cuts and bruises around his right eye, which was swollen shut. He was released right after treatment.
Chamberlain’s arraignment was Thursday, June 19 in Mount Pleasant Town Court. He was released and a future court date was set.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 2 Woman Safe After Jump From Overpass Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 3 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Mount Pleasant
- 5 Mount Pleasant Home Sales Soar 17 Percent In Third Quarter