THORNWOOD, N.Y. ‒ A New York City man was charged with attacking a co-worker with a baseball bat Saturday night in the parking lot of the Rose Hill Shopping Center in Thornwood.
Xhelal Hoti, 38, of Manhattan, was charged with assault in the second degree, a felony, according to Mount Pleasant Police Chief Louis Alagno.
The altercation occurred around 10 p.m. Police say the two men knew each other and worked together at a business located in the shopping center. Police say the 49-year-old victim was struck in the head and hand and taken to Westchester Medical Center to be treated for a fractured hand.
Hoti left the scene before police arrived, Alagno said, and turned himself in Monday at police headquarters in Valhalla. He was arraigned in Mount Pleasant Town Court and is currently being held in the Westchester County Jail on $10,000 bond, or $5,000 cash bail.
Also from the police blotter:
- A Briarcliff Manor man reported that his 2012 BMW was broken into while parked at the Saw Mill Multiplex in Hawthorne Saturday at around 7 p.m. A window was smashed and a GPS device taken. No arrest has been made.
- A Chappaqua woman reported that her wallet and purse were stolen from a friend's car while it was parked in the Hawthorne Applebee's parking lot Monday at 9:40 a.m. Police say the woman left the items in the car and that entry was not forced. The purse contained around $1,500 in cash and credit cards. No arrest has been made.
- 1 Former School Employee, Armonk Man Charged In $280K Scam
- 2 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 3 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 4 Rain, Thunderstorms Could Be Coming To Mount Pleasant
- 5 Fiancée Angelika Graswald Charged With Hudson River Murder Of Kayaker