YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Yorktown Police arrested and charged a 17-year-old Lakeland High School student after he allegedly posted photos of metal knuckles and unidentified illegal drugs on his Facebook page, according to Yorktown police.
The school's resource officer learned about the social media post, approached the student and found him with a metal knuckles knife on Wednesday, March 12 at 12:15 p.m., Yorktown police said.
The suspect, a Yorktown male resident whose name is being withheld because of his eligibility for youth offender status, was charged with fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon and is due to appear in court on Tuesday, April 15 at 6 p.m.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 4 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 Mount Pleasant Could See Lowest Autumn Gas Prices In Four Years