SOMERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police from Somers arrested a man after he allegedly made comments in a bank that led employees to believe he intended to rob it, police officials said.
John K. Schoenfelder, 22, of Mahopac, allegedly made comments that alarmed employees at the Chase Bank in the Somers Commons Shopping Center on Route 6 in Baldwin Place, prompting them to call police, troopers said.
Schoenfelder was found in close proximity to the scene and taken into custody. A subsequent investigation revealed the suspect may have made the comments but had no intent on robbing the bank, according to State Police.
Schoenfelder was charged with falsely reporting an incident in the third-degree and is temporarily barred from returning to the bank, police officials said.
- 1 Westlake High School Valedictorian Encourages 'Acts Of Kindness'
- 2 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed