MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- Several young people are facing assault and harassment charges in three separate altercations in Mount Pleasant, police said.
The first incident, which police said took place at Westlake High School on Wednesday, Feb. 8, involved a 17-year-old and an 18-year-old from Thornwood. They both were charged with third-degree assault and had been scheduled to appear in Town Court on an unspecified date.
Police said the second incident involved an 18-year-old Peekskill girl who is attending the Edenwald School, which is part of the Mount Pleasant-Cottage Union Free School District.
The teen was charged with second-degree harassment after police charged her with hitting another student with “a rolling pin,” on Friday, Feb. 10, police said.
Edenwald serves about 130 residential and day students with academic, social, behavioral and vocational needs.
Meanwhile, on Thursday, Feb. 16, five residents of the Hawthorne Cedar Knolls Residential Treatment Center are being accused of attacking and injuring a classmate’s mother, police said.
The five, all girls, were charged with third-degree assault.
Three of them are under 16 and were referred to Westchester County Family Court. The other two, ages 16 and 17, were referred to Town Court, police said.
Hawthorne Cedar Knolls provides mental health, social and therapeutic services to at-risk boys and girls, ages eight to 18.
The next day, a 17-year-old resident of the Mann Center Residential Treatment Center at Hawthorne Cedar Knolls was charged with falsely reporting an incident.
Police accuse the teen of intentionally setting off a fire alarm at the facility.
In other police blotter items:
- Saturday, Feb. 11: A 41-year-old Pleasantville man was charged with Endangering the welfare of a child after police accused him of committing a lewd act at the family's home.
- Tuesday, Feb. 14: - A 42-year-old Yonkers woman, pulled over by police on Elwood Avenue in Hawthorne, is facing several vehicle and traffic charges. Police said she had a suspended registration and the vehicle she was driving was unregistered and uninsured.
- Wednesday, Feb. 15: A 31-year-old Thornwood man was charged with harassment and criminal contempt in connection with, police said, “ongoing family issues.”
- Thursday, Feb. 16: A 32-year-old Hawthorne man has been charged with leaving the scene of an accident. Police accused him of striking another car on Pythian Avenue and then fleeing. A brief investigation by the Mount Pleasant police patrol, with assistance from a resident's home video surveillance, led officers to the suspect as well as his damaged vehicle. He was also charged with operating without a driver's license. The driver of the other vehicle was treated for a fractured hand.
- Friday, Feb. 17: A 30-year-old Ossining woman was charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle after becoming stuck in the median on Phelps Way (Route 117) in Pleasantville.
- Sunday, Feb. 19: A 23-year-old Ossining woman was charged with driving while intoxicated after driving her car off the road into the center median on Phelps Way (Route 117) in Pleasantville near the entrance to Rockefeller State Park.