YONKERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police from the Hawthorne barracks charged a Yonkers man with improperly collecting unemployment benefits on Tuesday, April 8, police officials said.
Troopers allege that John S. Colon, 28, was illegally collecting unemployment benefits while he was gainfully employed. He was charged with first-degree offering false instrument for filing.
Colon is scheduled to appear in City of Yonkers Court on Tuesday, April 22, State Police said.
- 1 Mount Pleasant Voters Defeat $42M In Projects At Westlake Schools
- 2 Saw Mill Exit Ramp Reopens After Closure In Mount Pleasant
- 3 Driver Hospitalized After Crash On 9A Ramp In Mount Pleasant
- 4 David Rockefeller Donates $4M For Mount Pleasant State Park Preserve
- 5 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items