YONKERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police from the Hawthorne barracks charged a Yonkers man with improperly collecting unemployment benefits on Tuesday, April 8, police officials said.
Troopers allege that John S. Colon, 28, was illegally collecting unemployment benefits while he was gainfully employed. He was charged with first-degree offering false instrument for filing.
Colon is scheduled to appear in City of Yonkers Court on Tuesday, April 22, State Police said.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mount Pleasant Skies Sunday
- 2 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Mount Pleasant
- 3 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Mount Pleasant Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 5 Mount Pleasant Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend