YONKERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police from the Hawthorne barracks charged a Yonkers man with improperly collecting unemployment benefits on Tuesday, April 8, police officials said.
Troopers allege that John S. Colon, 28, was illegally collecting unemployment benefits while he was gainfully employed. He was charged with first-degree offering false instrument for filing.
Colon is scheduled to appear in City of Yonkers Court on Tuesday, April 22, State Police said.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 2 Woman Safe After Jump From Overpass Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 3 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Mount Pleasant
- 5 Mount Pleasant Home Sales Soar 17 Percent In Third Quarter