UPDATE, 9:45 p.m., Tuesday:
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino's official announcement declaring his candidacy for governor will come Wednesday at 11 a.m. in a video message at RobAstorino.com.
Astorino's team described the event as a "video news release" on Wednesday evening and said he "will announce his decision on whether to enter the race for governor."
An Astorino run became all but certain when Daily Voice reported exclusively Feb. 13 that the same RobAstorino.com website used for Astorino's re-election campaign for county executive last fall was relaunched as "Rob Astorino for Governor" on that date, a month after Astorino publicly said he was "leaning" toward running for governor.
ORIGINAL REPORT, 11:50 a.m., Tuesday:
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino will announce whether he will run for governor Wednesday, according to a Tweet he posted Tuesday morning.
"Announcing decision on whether to run for governor of NY in video news release Wednesday. Time and details to follow. Please Stay tuned," the Tweet read.
The second-term county executive would be running against incumbent and Westchester native Andrew Cuomo.
Check back with Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Mount Pleasant's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Scarsdale Man, 34, Charged With DWI On Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Two Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester