VALHALLA, N.Y. -- The Valhalla Union Free School District will send 12 student-athletes to the New York State Public High School Athletic Association Championships.
“This has been an extraordinary season for our track program,” said boys coach Richard O’Riley. “The team is in high spirits heading into State competition. We thank the athletes, coaches and the entire Valhalla community for supporting our track teams.”
Valhalla High School had a dozen students qualify and advance to the state competition for the first time.
The NYSPHSAA Championships will take place at North Syracuse-Cicero High School on June 10 and 11.
The students are as follows:
- Olivia Bespolka: Long Jump (16’5”)
- Samantha Morillo: Shot Put (37’2.75”) and Discus (113’)
- Madison Brand: 400-Meter Hurdles (1:07.68)
- Kaio DaSilva: 100-Meters (11.01) and 200-Meters (22.29)
- Relay Team of Matias Aranda, Miguel Arias, Kevin Williams, Kaio DaSilva: 400-Meter Relay (44.53)
- Relay Team of Thomas Avolio, Jay Bendlin, Miguel Arias, Kaio DaSilva: 1600-Meter Relay (3:25.62)
- Ethan Bartlett: Long Jump (21’4”)
- Orlando Clarke: alternate for the 400-Meter Relay Team
- JaeQuan Bedore: alternate for the 1600-Meter Relay Team
Kaio is Valhalla High's first athlete to advance to the state competition in four events.