VALHALLA, N.Y. -- Valhalla Middle School brought home the hardware last week, with its symphonic band winning a silver medal the New York State School Music Association evaluation festival, held at Fox Lane High School in Bedford.
The band, led by director Scott Rimm-Hewitt, performed three pieces before a panel of New York State School Music Association judges. The judges then scored and commented on the students’ performances according to defined guidelines which are set out by NYSSMA.
Composed of 50 musicians, the band performed "The High School Cadets" by J.P. Sousa, "Dark Fortress Overture" by Rob Rice and "Renegade Dances" by David Schaffer.
- 1 State Police Warn Mount Pleasant Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash On Sprain Brook
- 4 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 5 Taconic State Parkway Stretch Reopens After Closure In Mount Pleasant