VALHALLA, N.Y. -- Valhalla Middle School brought home the hardware last week, with its symphonic band winning a silver medal the New York State School Music Association evaluation festival, held at Fox Lane High School in Bedford.
The band, led by director Scott Rimm-Hewitt, performed three pieces before a panel of New York State School Music Association judges. The judges then scored and commented on the students’ performances according to defined guidelines which are set out by NYSSMA.
Composed of 50 musicians, the band performed "The High School Cadets" by J.P. Sousa, "Dark Fortress Overture" by Rob Rice and "Renegade Dances" by David Schaffer.
- 1 Mount Pleasant's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire