VALHALLA, N.Y. -- Valhalla Middle School brought home the hardware last week, with its symphonic band winning a silver medal the New York State School Music Association evaluation festival, held at Fox Lane High School in Bedford.
The band, led by director Scott Rimm-Hewitt, performed three pieces before a panel of New York State School Music Association judges. The judges then scored and commented on the students’ performances according to defined guidelines which are set out by NYSSMA.
Composed of 50 musicians, the band performed "The High School Cadets" by J.P. Sousa, "Dark Fortress Overture" by Rob Rice and "Renegade Dances" by David Schaffer.
- 1 Voters Reject Mount Pleasant’s $55.8M Bond For Schools In Strong Turnout
- 2 Mount Pleasant Secretary Looking For Dog That Went Missing In Yorktown
- 3 IRS Warns Mount Pleasant Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Pedestrian Killed On Saw Mill Parkway Is ID'd
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed In One Of Three Accidents On Saw Mill Parkway