VALHALLA, N.Y. -- Valhalla Middle School brought home the hardware last week, with its symphonic band winning a silver medal the New York State School Music Association evaluation festival, held at Fox Lane High School in Bedford.
The band, led by director Scott Rimm-Hewitt, performed three pieces before a panel of New York State School Music Association judges. The judges then scored and commented on the students’ performances according to defined guidelines which are set out by NYSSMA.
Composed of 50 musicians, the band performed "The High School Cadets" by J.P. Sousa, "Dark Fortress Overture" by Rob Rice and "Renegade Dances" by David Schaffer.
- 1 Former Mount Pleasant Police Chief Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charge
- 2 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer
- 3 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 4 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 5 'Herb' From Hawthorne Reflects On Transition To Teaching As 'Kerri' In N.J.