VALHALLA, N.Y. -- Residents of Valhalla voted to approve the School District Board of Education's $46.2 million school budget for 2014-2015 on Tuesday.
The vote was in favor by a count of 505-311 for the $46,280,837 proposal, which is $739,484 more than the current 2013-2014 academic year's budget, showing a 1.62 percent budget-to-budget increase.
The adopted budget boasts the lowest annual increase in the past three years, and the second lowest increase in the past six years.
Valentina Belvedere was re-elected as a school board trustee and Anthony Amiano defeated Alan Higgs to earn a seat on the board.
- 1 Mount Pleasant's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Forecasters Clash On Mount Pleasant Winter Weather Outlook