VALHALLA, N.Y. -- Residents of Valhalla voted to approve the School District Board of Education's $46.2 million school budget for 2014-2015 on Tuesday.
The vote was in favor by a count of 505-311 for the $46,280,837 proposal, which is $739,484 more than the current 2013-2014 academic year's budget, showing a 1.62 percent budget-to-budget increase.
The adopted budget boasts the lowest annual increase in the past three years, and the second lowest increase in the past six years.
Valentina Belvedere was re-elected as a school board trustee and Anthony Amiano defeated Alan Higgs to earn a seat on the board.
- 1 State Police Warn Mount Pleasant Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 NTSB Says It Could Take Full Year To Complete Valhalla Crash Investigation
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation