VALHALLA, N.Y. -- Residents of Valhalla voted to approve the School District Board of Education's $46.2 million school budget for 2014-2015 on Tuesday.
The vote was in favor by a count of 505-311 for the $46,280,837 proposal, which is $739,484 more than the current 2013-2014 academic year's budget, showing a 1.62 percent budget-to-budget increase.
The adopted budget boasts the lowest annual increase in the past three years, and the second lowest increase in the past six years.
Valentina Belvedere was re-elected as a school board trustee and Anthony Amiano defeated Alan Higgs to earn a seat on the board.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 2 Woman Safe After Jump From Overpass Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 3 A Look At How Mount Pleasant’s School Bond Will Affect Taxpayers
- 4 Woman Allegedly Uses Child To Steal Wallet In Hartsdale Pizzeria
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola