VALHALLA, N.Y. -- Residents of Valhalla voted to approve the School District Board of Education's $46.2 million school budget for 2014-2015 on Tuesday.
The vote was in favor by a count of 505-311 for the $46,280,837 proposal, which is $739,484 more than the current 2013-2014 academic year's budget, showing a 1.62 percent budget-to-budget increase.
The adopted budget boasts the lowest annual increase in the past three years, and the second lowest increase in the past six years.
Valentina Belvedere was re-elected as a school board trustee and Anthony Amiano defeated Alan Higgs to earn a seat on the board.
- 1 Saw Mill Exit Ramp Reopens After Closure In Mount Pleasant
- 2 Mount Pleasant Voters Defeat $42M In Projects At Westlake Schools
- 3 Driver Hospitalized After Crash On 9A Ramp In Mount Pleasant
- 4 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 5 Briarcliff Man Charged In Theft Of Credit Cards From Two Gyms