THORNWOOD, N.Y. – In the wake of the tragic shooting in Newtown, Conn., in which 26 people were killed, a student organization at Westlake High School is doing its part to help out around the holiday season.
Students in Westlake's Dignity for All Students and Alliance Club, along with the help of teachers Terre Barbuto and Alex Casabona, are collecting new and unwrapped teddy bears for the children at Sandy Hook Elementary. The donation drive is a part of Operation Fuzzy Wuzzy II, a local organization in Connecticut that is distributing the bears to the children who were affected by the tragedies on Dec. 14.
Once the teddy bears are collected, they will be delivered to the New Canaan Fire Department in Connecticut by members of the Pleasantville Volunteer Ambulance Corps and Mark's Towing in Pleasantville.
All teddy bear donations can be dropped off at a designated box located in the Westlake High School lobby, or in Barbuto's classroom, room 205. Monetary donations for the victims will be accepted and should be hand delivered to Barbuto or dropped off with a worker in Westlake's main office.
Teddy bear or monetary donations should be dropped off by 1:45 p.m. Friday, Dec. 21.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Mount Pleasant Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Mount Pleasant
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison