THORNWOOD, N.Y. – What better way to burn off all the food eaten on Thanksgiving than by remembering one of Westlake High School's own who died while serving his country?
The annual Westlake High School John David Barresi Turkey Trot is set for Saturday. It will be the 16th annual run in remembrance of Barresi, a former Westlake High School student. Shortly after Barresi graduated from Westlake in 1996, he died while serving in the U.S. Navy. The run has been held every year in his memory. Barresi was an avid runner and the captain of Westlake's track and field and cross-country teams.
This year's run will once again take place at Westlake High School, beginning at 10 a.m. The 3-mile walk/run will take place throughout Westlake's Thornwood campus. Participants should arrive at 9:30 a.m. to register. A $10 donation is suggested for all participants and will go to the John Barresi Scholarship Fund.
The rain date for the run is Dec. 1.
Anyone who cannot participate this year, but still wishes to make a donation, may send a check to the Westlake High School Guidance Office, 825 Westlake Drive in Thornwood, NY 10594. All checks should be made out to MTPLCSD for the John Barresi Scholarship Fund.
- 1 A Look At How Mount Pleasant’s School Bond Will Affect Taxpayers
- 2 Woman Allegedly Uses Child To Steal Wallet In Hartsdale Pizzeria
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Female Suspect From Westchester Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 5 Astorino, Cuomo Trade Jabs In Contentious Gubernatorial Debate