MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- The Boys and Girls Club Of Northern Westchester's Marlins swim team set records at the Metropolitan Junior Olympics Short Course on Friday, March 14 through Sunday, March 16.
The Marlins set four Boys & Girls Club Swim team records.
Noelle Kaufmann, 11, set 3 individual records in the 11 to 12 girls age group. The 200 free in a time of 1:58.37 (which broke the team record set in 2002 by Marlins Coach Caren Guyett); the 100 individual medley with a time of 1:01.59 (which broke the record set in 1997 by Marlin Rebecca Grove) and the 200 individual medley with a time of 2:12.84 (breaking the time set by Marlin Jamie Lee - in 2012).
The 10 and under girls set a team record in the 200-yard freestyle relay with a time of 1:56.30.
Luisa Nierhoff, Sabrina Johnston, Kristin Cornish and Samanta Tan broke the previous record of 1:58.68 that was set in 2004 by former team members Taylor Scilufo, Melissa Trail, Danielle Sims and Maddy Berkman.
Robby Purvis set two new Marlins team records -- the 15 to 18 boys 200-yard backstroke with a time of 1:50.86, which broke the previous record of 1:52.29 set by Taegan Clarke in March 2011. Robby also set a team record in the 200-yard butterfly with a time of 1:50.83, which broke the previous record of 1:52.14 set by Matthew Karle in March 2010.
Visit bgcnw.com to learn more.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Mount Pleasant
- 5 Man In Custody After Assaulting Trooper, Leading To Two-State Chase