OSSINING, N.Y. -- Ossining High School's Alex Delacruz wrestled his way into the finals of the New York State Championships in the 126-pound division on Saturday, March 1, but came up one point short against a wrestler who had defeated him earlier in the year, according to LoHud.com.
Delacruz held a 2-1 lead over Eastport's Travis Passaro with just 21 seconds remaining in the final period. Passaro was able to pull off a reversal with 7 seconds left to pull ahead, 3-2 to secure the state title, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Former School Employee, Armonk Man Charged In $280K Scam
- 2 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 3 Rain, Thunderstorms Could Be Coming To Mount Pleasant
- 4 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 5 Fiancée Angelika Graswald Charged With Hudson River Murder Of Kayaker