OSSINING, N.Y. -- Ossining High School's Alex Delacruz wrestled his way into the finals of the New York State Championships in the 126-pound division on Saturday, March 1, but came up one point short against a wrestler who had defeated him earlier in the year, according to LoHud.com.
Delacruz held a 2-1 lead over Eastport's Travis Passaro with just 21 seconds remaining in the final period. Passaro was able to pull off a reversal with 7 seconds left to pull ahead, 3-2 to secure the state title, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Westchester Native Mark Zuckerberg Announces He's Will Be A Dad
- 2 One-Car Crash Closes Saw Mill Parkway For Hours
- 3 Advisory Issued For Smoke Odor Caused By Mount Pleasant Mulch Fire
- 4 Billionaire Westchester Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 5 Mount Pleasant Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night