TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Two wrestlers from the Hackley School in Tarrytown took home state championship honors at the New York Private School State Tournament recently.
Elijah Ngbokoli took the championship for the 160-pound division while Xavier Carmona won his second state title in the 195-pound class. Carmona now has 100 career high school wins.
Both wrestlers also received bids to compete in the National Prep Wrestling tournament at Lehigh University on Friday, Feb. 21 and Saturday, Feb. 22.
George Germanakos and Rodrigo Mejias both had second place finishes at the tournament in the 120 and 170-pound weight classes, respectively.
Gabe Welch (99 pounds), Jordan Schwartz (106 pounds), Stephen Zak (132 pounds) and Milo Lempert (182 pounds) all secured third place finishes.
Hackely took placed fourth overall as a team with 168 points.
- 1 Candlelight Vigil Held For Greenburgh Boy, 4, Who Drowned
- 2 Body Of Missing Greenburgh 4-Year-Old Is Found In Pond
- 3 Ring In The New Year With This Guide To Mount Pleasant Restaurants
- 4 Fight Over Homeless Shelter In Valhalla Tops Week's News In Mount Pleasant
- 5 Volunteers Lend Helping Hand At Westchester Community Christmas Dinner